Thanks for checking out QTime.
I'm Ben. I started QTime in 2015 as a way to better understand how amazing people think, work, and create cool things. I didn't want it to be spammy, filled with affiliate links, or about adding subscribers. Just a good honest way to think and write and talk about ideas with people. All in fun. If you have any ideas, please get in touch with me. I'm not hard to find.
ps-- Below is some standard LinkedIn history stuff if you really want to know.
I previously founded Blayze Inc. (acquired by Vobile in Feb 2014). Prior to that, I was an early Google and YouTube business exec behind some of YouTube’s biggest partnerships and strategic efforts. I created many first of its kind social media partnerships on the web, and led YouTube’s efforts with Hollywood for years. I helped bridge the gap between Hollywood and Silicon Valley, leaving YouTube HQ to be the company's first businessperson in Los Angeles.
- Founded and exited on venture backed startups in the video ecosystem
- Key part of early YouTube and Google BD teams, signed first of its kind video deals
- Active angel investor and advisor
- Contributor to the New York Observer and Road to VR
- Happy father and husband to one beautiful smiling baby and one beautiful smiling wife
- Longtime LA tech community lover and fan!